Asa hemp wool blend kimono fabric - by the yard - Indigo blue colored

$9.00


This listing is for one yard (36 inches or 91.33cm) of fabric. There are multiple yards available. If more than one yard is purchased then you will receive the entire yardage as one complete length.

Asa is a reed based fabric (flax, hemp) that was produced primarily in Pre-WWII Japan. Asa was produced for summer clothing, bed covers, noren and other household items prior to the introduction of cotton into Japan.

This beautiful, indigo blue colored, hemp and wool blend fabric is unused and would make a wonderful sheer curtain, wall hanging or table runner. The open weave would make it perfect for sashiko or other types of embroidery. It can be used for apparel but please remember that kimono fabric is not as wide as other fabrics. I do not see any stains or flaws on this fabric.

The last photo shows the colors most accurately. Crayola brand crayons were placed in the photo for color comparison.

This kimono fabric is primarily created from wool (65%). The remaining fibers (35%) are hemp. Hemp is known for being a cool fabric and is also strong, resistant to mildew and UV light. The fabric is rough in texture and has a slightly open weave. Photo's 8 and 9 show how sheer this fabric is. In photo 9, I placed a ruler under the fabric.

This fabric is stiff and has a stiff drape. Hemp is known for softening after frequent washing so this fabric may soften.

Fabric specifics:

-Fabric is 14.5 inches (36.8 cm) wide.

-rough, woven texture

-light weight with sheer, open weave

-65% wool and 35% hemp

-no stretch

-stiff drape

*Please be assured that all shipping charge overages of $1.00 USD or over will be refunded at time of shipment*

*I am always willing to provide more information or pictures regarding my fabrics or using/sewing these fabrics. Please do not hesitate to send me a convo if you have any questions.*

I believe that the pictures show a good representation of the fabric colors however, please remember that colors may look different on your monitor. This is a vintage item so there may be small blemishes or marks although, I do not see any. This item has been stored for many years so there may be a slight storage smell although I do not notice one.

Payments

I accept payment via paypal, credit cards and ETSY direct payment.

Please contact me within 24 hours if you wish to cancel purchase.

The buyer is responsible for all customs charges, VAT, taxes and handling fees.

Shipping from United States

I ship within two business days of receiving payment. Most items are shipped within 24 hours after receiving payment.

Orders totaling $35.00 USD and over will be shipped free to addresses within the USA using coupon code FREE35. The free shipping will be shown at the final order cost, right before submitting the order.

I ship via USPS mail. If you wish for shipping confirmation or insurance please contact me before payment and I will adjust the shipping price for you. USPS Priority mail or International Express shipment can be chosen at checkout.

I only charge the actual shipment cost and do not charge packaging or handling fees. Shipping cost overages of $1.00 USD or more are refunded at time of shipment. Out of respect for my international customers, I DO NOT inflate my prices to cover shipping costs for free domestic shipping.

The buyer is responsible for all customs charges, VAT, taxes and handling fees.

Returns & Exchanges

I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations

Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery

Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery

Request a cancellation within: 3 hours of purchase

But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.

The following items can't be returned or exchanged

Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:

  • Custom or personalized orders
  • Perishable products (like food or flowers)
  • Digital downloads
  • Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)

Questions about your order?

Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.

Returns and exchange details

I will gladly accept returns on items that are not to your liking. The buyer must pay return shipping charges. I must be notified within 2 days after confirmation of delivery of the item that you wish to return the item for a refund.

A refund (minus shipment costs) will be issued after the purchases are received by myself and are found to be in the original condition that they were purchased in.

Additional

Taxes:

I currently reside in New York State and am required to charge sales tax on items shipped to New York state. Taxes are not collected on items that are shipped to any other states or internationally.

The buyer is responsible for all customs charges, VAT, taxes and handling fees.

Legal imprint